Finding People: The African Directory of Marine and Freshwater Professionals (AFRIDIR)
The African Directory of Marine and Freshwater Professionals is a database containing information on individuals involved in all aspects of Marine or Freshwater Research and Management in Africa. It is intended to be a tool for scientists, policy makers and anyone who needs to contact a marine or freshwater professional in Africa. A 'Professional' is defined as a person who, through his/her job, has expertise related to the research and management of the aquatic environment.
AFRIDIR is maintained by the ODINAFRICA (Ocean Data and Information Network for Africa) project
AFRIDIR is a free product but can be used only for non-profit purposes.
As an individual African professional you are welcome to add your information to the database.
AFRIDIR is part of OceanExpert (Global Directory of Marine and Freshwater Professionals), a product developed in 1997 under the auspices of the IODE's Group of Experts on Marine Information Management (GE-MIM).
What information is included in AFRIDIR?
AFRIDIR contains detailed information on individuals. This includes:-
- Surname (+Firstname); Job Title, Job Type;
- Organization; Organization's Acronym, Department, Organization Type
- Address, City, State, Country, Phone, fax, email, URL
- Description of your activities (keywords); Environment (marine, freshwater, brackishwater)
- Geographic Descriptors relevant to activities
- Subject Descriptors (grouping of professionals into subject areas)
- Citations of your most important and/or most recent papers
Go to OceanExpert Simple Search
Go to OceanExpert Advance Search
Enter your information today! Need any help?
View more information on:
:: African Marine Experts
:: Directory of Institutions